Russ and Suzanne Ballard
It all began on October 23, 1970 when B. Russell Ballard and Suzanne Marguerite Webb were married for time and all eternity in the Manti Utah LDS Temple.
Russ was born in Las Vegas and raised in Boulder City, Idaho Falls and Elko, Nevada. He served a mission for the Lord in Ontario, Canada, and served our country as an infantryman in Vietnam. He finished his degree in political science at BYU and came to the University of Nevada Reno to pursue his MBA.
There he met Suzanne who was born in Portland, Oregon, and raised in Sparks, Nevada. She joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as a Senior in High School and a year later met Russ at UNR. Nine months later they were married.
Eventually we added 5 beautiful children to our family:
Kevin is the eldest (red collar),
Tamsen was next (left),
Emily on the right,
Megan in front,
and Ryan (in the striped shirt) was added later to complete our family, (he’s between Kevin and Tamsen in age).
We raised our children mostly in Walla Walla and Vancouver, Washington.
Now the only family left in Washington State is Emily’s family. The rest of us live in various cities in Utah.
Many blessings have come to us over the years because of our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and our membership in His true Church on the earth: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- All our children are sealed to their spouses in the Temple for eternity.
- All their children are sealed to them and us for eternity.
- We have the promise that if we live worthily we can access Christ’s atonement and live together forever.
- We have been able to serve a mission together in Oklahoma City to teach the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- While earthly trials have come, the knowledge we have of the Plan of Salvation has brought us great comfort and strength.
- We have scriptures, Apostles, and past Prophets to help us in our trials and travails on this earth. We have a living Prophet on the earth today who speaks directly to God and tells us what He said.
- We have known many healing miracles and have had many prayers miraculously answered.
- We know that God lives and that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the World and that the Holy Ghost is given to us as a comforter and guide. We have felt their warmth and love for us and have received inspiration and guidance to raise our family.
- We know that all who humble themselves before the Lord and are baptized into the true Church by one having authority and hold fast until the end of their lives, can and will be saved.
- We look forward with a steadfastness of hope to this promise. And, as Joshua of old so eloquently stated: “As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” (Joshua 24:15)
Suzanne and Russ can be contacted at Suzballard@aol.com
In the Picture above:
Dark Blue: Ryan & Sara Petterson with Tyce, Teagan, Talon, Tage
Red: Megan & Nick Call with Ashleigh & Preston & 1 deceased child, Christian
White: Emily & Patrick Mooney with Bridget & Avery
Red Patterns: Kevin & Jana Ballard with Sheridan, Teriesa, Nathan, Cooper (and Amelia born 2 weeks later)
Light Blue: Tamsen & Todd Boley with Braeden, Ethan and Maura
The old people in the middle: Russ and Suzanne Ballard, a week after they returned from their mission.